Friday, March 18, 2011

Membership Site Mastermind to alternative make money


There’s an interesting challenge I’ve come up against many times, which I think most professional bloggers know well.
The challenge is how to sell something without using all that horrible “hype” that Internet marketers use.
But wait a second. Hype actually works, or at least good “sales copy” works if you call convincing people to buy what you sell your desired outcome.
The challenge is figuring out what level of “sales talk” to use when trying to sell. You don’t want to be accused of over-hyping something, nor do you want to put in such a weak effort that no one buys.
The problem unfortunately cannot be solved 100% because what is hype to one person is not to another. We all have our own internal “bullshit meter” as it might be labeled, based on all kinds of things like our personality, experience with marketing, emotional state at the time of reference, etc etc.
You can’t account for everything, but you can work with what you should hopefully know quite well – you and your potential customers- and attempt to meet the needs of both.

Did you read that sub-heading? I hope you did.

It might seem a little out of place, but I put it there because one of the messages I want you to take away from reading this blog post is that I’m reopening Membership Site Mastermind for one last day for all the stragglers and latecomers who didn’t join during the opening last week.
I know there are stragglers because they keep emailing me asking if they can squeeze in, so I’m giving you one last chance to take the program with me during this final run for 2009.
This will definitely be the last time it’s open this year. No more one day openings, no exceptions, if you email and ask no matter how good your excuse, you won’t be allowed in. That wouldn’t be fair to the hundreds of people who took initiative and joined when the doors were open.
You can sign up here from 11 AM EST US time on Tuesday for 24 hours only -
So, back to my original thought train…
The challenge I face when writing about the products I sell is the threshold my audience has for me “pitching” my products.
While most people are interested in hearing about the products I create and when I offer the chance to buy in want to know about, the truth is only a teeny-tiny percentage of my overall readership joins.
If I keep bombarding you with blog post and email after blog post after email about the program, I start to lose your attention. It might get so bad that you stop subscribing altogether.
I know this is true because every single launch I do I lose a few hundred subscribers and I even get some fairly insulting emails from people complaining that all I do is send them newsletters asking them to buy something. Thankfully only one or two people usually feel the need to do this.
I know where they are coming from, because during the one-to-two weeks that I run a launch campaign I focus all my emails and blog posts on the product I’m selling, so it can be bit much for some people, especially if they just joined my email newsletter the week the launch began.
When I’m not doing launches my emails and blog posts are less focused on one thing and are content only without any pitch. Besides the affiliate promotions I do, which are never as comprehensive as when I sell my own product, I usually just give people great free stuff and ask for nothing in return but your attention.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More